Skip to main content

WTF: lady goes to jail for threatening herself

A 25-year-old Santa Ana woman was sentenced to a year in jail Friday for sending hundreds of threatening text messages – to herself.

Jeanne Mundango Manunga’s criminal problem was that she blamed the harassing text messages on an ex-boyfriend and his sister-in-law, and reported them to the police.

They were arrested on false charges of making criminal threats and required to post thousands of dollars in bail. The sister-in-law was arrested three times, and spent some time in custody before she could gather enough funds to pay the bail on her third arrest.

A jury convicted Manunga of three felony counts of false imprisonment by fraud or deceit and two misdemeanor counts of making a false police report in May.

On Friday, Superior Court Judge Patrick H. Donahue sentenced Manunga to a year in jail, placed her on three years probation, told her to stay away from her ex-boyfriend and his sister-in-law, and ordered her to repay the victims about $50,000 in restitution.

Deputy District Attorney Mena Guirguis said that after Manunga and her former boyfriend stopped dating in 2008, she took out a pre-paid cell phone in his sister-in-law’s name, and started sending the threatening text messages to her regular cell phone.

Manunga then went to three different police departments on at least 19 occasions and claimed that the ex-boyfriend and the sister-in-law were behind the threats.

Her scheme was uncovered when the victims went to the phone store, talked with the salesman and learned that Manunga had bought the pre-paid phone under the sister-in-law’s name, Guirguis said.

They reported that information to a Costa Mesa police detective, but by then a third arrest warrant had been issued for the sister-in-law.

During a follow-up investigation, the detective discovered that most of the threatening text messages were sent when the pre-paid cell phone was in close proximity to Manjunga’s home or work, Guirguis said.

At the sentencing hearing Friday, the two victims said they were devastated about being arrested on false charges, and worried about clearing their names.

Bam Commentary: No Comment.. Just WTF where u thinking?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Official Video Jerry Elcock - Fly Be Free ( Feat.SilverSpoon )

Sometimes we make music from emotional times in our life and Fly Be free feels like one of those songs from artist Jerry Elcock.. Check it out below and let us know what you think

When Stans Attack

Ok so many may have seen the drama of when stans attack on twitter tonight. Quick breakdown the ciara fans went in on rihanna tonight. Why do u ask? they believe rihanna was talking bad about CiCi when her album sell prediction was released. Now let me give you some visuals to get you up to speed. This is who started the whole thing: Here is rihanna's response: Following that tweet came this: So yall know #TeamCiara came running pitch forks in hand at rihanna page. They called her every name in the book.(wil update when those screenshots come in) I mos def seeing this story hitting mad blogs in the morning. But remember ya heard it hear first on bam vs media. And ladies and gentlemen you are now up to speed on this weeks "When stans attack" **************************Update************************************************ This is Rihanna's response to Bam vs Media:

Shane sparks child molestation trial coming soon

as a dancer I hate to even type this but choreographer to the stars Shane sparks will be going to trial soon for 8 counts of child molestation. Smh followed by WTF dude Shane was taken into police custody in Los Angeles on a felony warrant last December and later released on $590,000 bail. (that's why Omarion was a judge last season) According to the criminal complaint filed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office, Sparks allegedly committed lewd acts upon a child in multiple incidents between 1994 and 1997. This March Sparks pleaded not guilty to six counts of lewd acts on a minor and two counts of oral copulation of a person under 16. His defense attorney, Steve Meister, has branded the accusations “extortion, Hollywood style”. Last Monday November 1, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled there was enough evidence for the 41-year-old to stand trial. he better get his eight counts down to be evading bubba an pookie in the pen. [Posted with iBlogger from my iPhone]